Insight: What's New
New in the February 2019 release of Insight
New DataThis release updates the National Dashboard Measures using 2017/18 leavers data from Skills Development Scotland (SDS). It will also contain post administrative review data of 2018 exam results.
New FeaturesThis release contains new and recently added features to make Insight easier and more responsive for users, including:
- The introduction of the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD) Quintiles filter will allow users to identify the most deprived 20%, the least deprived 20% of pupils and quintiles in between. This replaces the current SIMD filter which separates the cohort into the most deprived 30%, the middle 40% and the least deprived 30% respectively. This will facilitate the use of data in the context of closing the attainment gap.
- We have made it easier to move around Insight with a new feature to navigate between related measures and measure breakdowns in Insight. A new menu has been added to the measure control panel which allows users to select and navigate to associated pages. Selected filter options are retained between pages to aid comparisons.
- We have made it easier for users to find qualifications just by typing part of the name of the award. The new search function has been added to the options menu within the Selected Course Measures.
New in the September 2018 release of Insight
- The inclusion of Foundation Apprenticeships, recognising that this is the first point at which full (non-pathfinder) FAs have been certificated. Because these awards have been certificated at local colleges, these awards will appear in the Course Partnership Summary output in the system.
- The introduction of a new Grade Neutral Tariff measure on a pilot basis. This is an agreed outcome from the work of the Insight Tariff Review, which will allow a more nuanced consideration of attainment which takes into account graded and ungraded elements of attainment.